Thursday 7 July

Hi everyone
I have had to date these blogs as I cannot remember the number of days.  The mind has completely closed down on that aspect.  So much so in fact that I answered an email just now where someone asked me where in France I was - I couldn't remember Brittany & sat there for quite a fe minutes before it came to me.

Well! what have we been up to sine I last wrote - well on Tuesday we visited the rather large sea life centre in Brest.  It was rather expensive but we decided to go in anyway - after all we had just had an 1.5 hour drive.  It was worth it & it really was laid out well & the exhibitions were brilliant.  I took loads of pictures - 85 in fact although when I came to look at them some weren't any use because I just got reflection through glass - but I still had just on 60 after those were deleted.  We were there for about 4 hours & all that walking on a hard surface took its toll on Bob's bad knee so on Wednesday (yesterday) we decided to have another lazy day.  I actually got a little bit of crafting done.  The weather has changed now - it rained for a lot of our journey to Brest but did brighten up later.  Yesterday was a mixture as well.  Today we have had a few showers already.

I can't remember if I told you about the day we had a lovely coastline drive along some cliff tops - not the one we did the first week - another one.  The view over some beaches was fantastic & small boating harbours.  One harbour was very "French Lieutenant's Woman".  Another with an arch entry over which had a plaque remembering the local people who helped people escape the Germans.

I know that I mentioned some stamps I bought at an Abbey.  Well there is a very celtic link here in Brittany & the stamps were celtic designs.  Unfortunately they were wood mounted which I have been trying to avoid - but --- they came in a presentation box with a large ink pad, a booklet & some paper.  Oh yes - there were 12 stamps.  They cost 25 Euros.  Now if you call that a straight £25 - that is a little over £2 per stamp.  You can't leave a bargain like that sitting on the shelf - can you!?!  Well I couldn't - it was a birthday present to myself.

Today we are off to see some horses.

Right that is me done for today - not sure when next blog will be.  Our holiday is slowly running out now.
Hope you are all well - love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post