Last Thursday morning ....................

..................... I went to see the Queen.

I am sure you all know by now that the Queen & Prince Philip visited Chester Zoo last Thursday to open the new Jubilee Pavilion.  The lady I have been making the Indian wedding cards for had a special invitation for the event - through her link to an Indian dancing group.  She asked me & another colleague if we would like to go with her.

You may remember it was a rather wet day - but at the point the Royal Party came into the area the sun peaked through.  Taking photos was tricky & at one point I moved to a spot where I would have got a clear straight on view of them & a security guard moved me.,  Not a Chester Zoo guard although he was wearing one of their jackets - I think he was the real thing.

Here are a few photos of the visit .............


These gentlemen were providing the Indian music & the gentleman on the left - playing the drums - was a very imposing sight in his white suit & black turban.


This is one of the groups of dancers.  Look at those puddles & everyone's umbrellas & the dancers had nothing on their feet!!!!!!!


I think this is the group that my friend was associated with - the younger girls & boys.  The lady in white (although I think it was a lovely ecru colour) is their dancing teacher.


I wasn't sure I had got this one clear enough.  It was the one took after the security guard moved me.  If I could have stayed where I was I would have got a straight on shot.


I wasn't this close to him - it was just a chance of a clear field - then cropped to get the main figure.

I am hoping that I can work on the photo that has the Queen in it to crop out some of the side stuff & increase the view of her.  I was almost successful with this next one - but the guy in the grey suit moved forward just as I took the photo.  OK! I nearly chopped her head off too - but I think some cropping & closing in on her head & shoulders could give me a good photo.  I will see.


I got wet & muddy, but would not have missed it & she (sorry Ma'am) - the Queen  - looked fantastic.

OK - time for bed.

Hope to be making some cards tomorrow - so perhaps have some photos for you.

Night night - sleep well.


Comments

  1. Your 'Royal' shots look much better here than when you showed them on the camera - I now do believe you 'were' there :) Love the colour of her outfit.

    I just found out that one of our sons was in a line-up when the Queen came to Hawarden High School years ago and she shook hands with a boy on either side of him but missed him out! Typical eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply to Crafty Jo

    Thank you - I was pleased with them - especially as they didn't look brilliant on the camera. Excuse me! Now you believe I was really there - surely if I had told a porkie I would have been hauled off to the tower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I did know you were there - my policeman friend told me that he'd been watching some pushy lady moving out of position to get a better photo (while he was getting waved-at by Prince Philip). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post