Olympic torch

Hi everyone

This afternoon I walked down to the end of my road to watch the Olympic torch being carried through Hawarden.  I met up with Helen from Mold II & we found quite a good spot from which to watch things & take photos.

The atmosphere was amazing - people were out with headbands on with everything from glittery red, white & blue bobbles to sequined union flags.  There was a group of people opposite us holding up a banner for team GB & everyone was really enjoying themselves.  I managed to get some good pictures & thought I would share a couple with you.


This was the view down Gladstone Way towards the garden centre where the torch was coming from


& there is the banner across the road


this is the point where the torch light exchange happened - right in front of us - which Helen & I did not realise was going to happen.  We wondered why a man up a ladder seemed to be getting a lot of attention - but it wasn't him.  It was a young girl called Charlotte who was taking the torch to the next stage.  The man on the left in the white t-shirt was wheeling the person who had been holding the torch for the first stage.  Unfortunately just as I took the photo he leant forward to help & obscured the man holding the torch.


This is Charlotte about to start her part of the relay.

We couldn't have picked a better place if we tried.  We were there for about an hour, perhaps a little longer & it was really great to be a part of it.

I took loads more photos - but these were the most effective to show you.  Just across the road was Sue from Mold II, & I think we have photos of each other taking photos of each other.  Daft isn't it.

Right I am off to bed now.  Great day. Sleep well.
Night night.

Comments

  1. Looks like everyone was having fun! I keep reading differing opinions about this event but it's nice to see a positive reaction like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Misty's Mum,

    Are you able to email me any photos you have of Gladstone Way torch procession? Charlotte is our daughter and I am trying to get some photos that other people took - gives a different perspective to the day.

    Many thanks,

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post