A birthday card

Good morning everyone
Sorry no posts over the weekend.  I didn't really do anything crafty to write about - although ........... I did start another craft room sort out.
Having some time ago bought lots of flat back boxes to store all my stash in & worked out a layout on the shelves & on my desk, I decided during the week that it could be improved upon.  Also - my desk needed a clean.
So! everything came off - desk cleaned - decisions made as to how to set everything out.  Don't know if  I can explain - but I had a couple of sets of stackable drawer units on one end of my desk & the backs of them were against the wall with the drawers facing front (obviously!).  But, then by the side of me & running from the end of my desk was a bookcase.  This had all those boxes on it.  So  it cut down the amount of room for opening the drawer of the drawer units - well the bottom set anyway. They are now back in place but with the drawers opening onto my desk towards the centre of the desk.  Does that make sense?  That is instead of sitting on the desk from the back to the front, they are from the side to the centre.  I suppose I should have said the desk is in a corner under the window.
I have a set of about 20 little lidded plastic boxes (from the really useful box company) which hold lots of little bits & pieces & they stack & just fit on the desk under the windowsill.
After being happy with my nice new clean tidy space I went through every drawer of those units & cleared out stuff that has been there for ages & not used.  Things like acrylic paint which was now solid. I had adhesives & tapes in two of the drawers - so they were moved to one a bit deeper - now I have a spare drawer.  You would not believe how many sheets of sticky pads I found, or the number of photo glue tubes.  It is all down to not being able to get at the drawers & not realising I still had these items & just went & bought more.  Certainly don't need any for quite a while now.
I now have a box that holds the cards that I have made for fund-raising (I must add here - rather than two boxes) - so now I know just how many cards I have actually made & it's a lot more than I thought.
There is still more sorting to do but at least one half of my work area is clear & it is easy to find what I am looking for.  During the week I must tackle the other half.

Anyway I called this post - "a birthday card" - so here it is.  It is the one I made for my friend Caroline whose birthday it was on Saturday.

I was originally going to make this card as the cross over card where the two halves with the diagonal cut are crossed over & stuck down creating a pocket.

As I finished sticking the right-hand section down with DSST I stood the card up on my desk & thought it looked rather nice with the left-hand section as an opening flap.  So that is how I left it.

The message label inside uses one of my favourite birthday messages which I often use as the focal image on the front of a card.

The papers, cat, message ring & it's background paper are all from one of Carolines digi kits.  I used them with a graphics package I have called "My Craft Studio" so that I could resize the message ring & cat to suit & also to print a separate cat so that I could 3-d it. 

On the back of the card (which I forgot to photograph) is a silhouette standing fairy - also one of Carolines digi images.

The photo to the right is of the insert for the card.  It was quite a challenge to colour the tag to match in with the colours of the card.  I think in the end it was a little too dark but I couldn't think of the right colour to put over the top to soften it - so thought it best to leave it alone.

There! I think we are up-to-date now.  Ooh, no! Tomorrow I will be able to show you the card I gave Sue for her birthday which is today. 

More tomorrow - or possibly even later today.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post