A good crafting day

Good evening ladies
Well! we are almost at the end of another bank holiday - I do hope you have all had a good weekend.  We now have a long wait for another one - August, but I am now counting the days down to my holiday.  It starts in 24 days time.

Today I have entered three - 3! - challenges with one project, & then another single challenge with another project. Here is the single project;

This challenge was over at "Try it on Tuesdays" - where the challenge was - a Scrapling.  I mentioned these a couple of posts ago for another challenge.

I first coloured the card with various Distress Inks, & then stamped the images in Archival Black ink.  The tree is from a set by Kanban called Autumn Silhouettes & the words are a new stamp by Lavinia Stamps.  A little black ribbon & faux bow just finished it off.

I was a little late sorting this challenge - but decided I had time to do it this afternoon & then post it to the challenge blog.  I did it when there were just 6 hours left. 

I kept thinking I had plenty of time - but of course with it being the weekend & having a leisurely time with Bob - the days rushed by.

Still, I made it.

The other challenge - or I should say challenges, were - over at C.R.A.F.T where the theme was Alter or Recycle, & this was also the theme over at Crafts4Eternity.  I had been putting some of my CD's away in a 2-ring binder when I had the idea that my Alter challenge could be to alter the folders, & that it would suit both challenges.  Whilst thinking about how I would do it - I noticed the challenge over at Crafty Catz where the theme was - Pink & Green.  In order to enter that challenge as well, I chose those colours for my folders. 

So I used background papers & embellishments printed from several of the CD'sthat were stored in the folder for the decoration.

Here is everything laid out on my work desk before I started.

The little green labels are for the spine to tell me what is inside each folder.
As the folder will be taken down from the shelf & put up again many
times I decided not to do any raised embellishments - so everything is flat.



Here is the view of the front & the spine - you can see the label in place on the spine.

Only after I loaded the photos onto my computer did I notice that the pink roses strip at the top of the folder almost looks like a pair of eyes.  Trouble is I cannot get that thought out of my head now.

The back is decorated in a similar manner but without the rose topper.


I was originally going to decorate it patchwork style but then thought for my first attempt that might be pushing it a bit.  So I made do with strips. 

Here is another picture of the front this time with the embellishments in place.

I am quite pleased with the finish - it is all nicely covered inside as well - the front inside is pink paper & the inside of the back cover is green paper.

Now that ones is done I just have to get on with the others - only 3  more to do - or is it 4!

Then of course there are the folders I store my unmounted stamps in - or is that getting carried away.

I will show you the others as & when they are finished.

Well that is me for today - more tomorrow.
Have a good night, sleep tight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post