just chatting

Hi everyone

Just popping in for a quick chat.

Tomorrow, as I might have mentioned earlier, is the last cake making day for my god-daughters wedding cake.  In the afternoon I am going round to my daughter-in-laws home to make the cake.  She is a very good sponge maker so I am hoping for some of her success to rub off on me.  Also our oven does bake a little unevenly - so I hope to also get rid of that problem.

In the morning I will be picking up the ingredients plus visiting the cake decorating shop in Mold for all the final bits & pieces - such as a cake box, a couple of boards, the nice lacy tape that goes around the edge of the thick boards (actually I have just had a thought - they would go well on cards too - hmmm! think I might buy a bit extra to see), plus the icing for the Madeira/sponge layer.  I will also need a quick check to see if I have enough ribbon - but I know I can match that up at Hobbycraft.

Sunday I hope to put the ribbon around those cakes already made & try out the layout of the top tier over the lower tier.  Then Monday it will be icing the maderia/sponge layer.

Tuesday I am off to the hairdressers at 9:00am, then we will be off on our journey.  So - I hope to still blog each day - but if you don't hear from me you will know what I am busy doing.  Not sure if I will be taking laptop with me - or - in fact - if the hotel has wifi.  But if I can will blog there as well.

Probably talk again tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post