Wedding cake update

Good afternoon ladies

Things are slowly moving on with the cake, I think I have already told you that my god-daughter changed her mind about the tulips.  I now know the flower - Lisianthus (I showed you a photo of one), but there still seems to be some decisions to be made.  This is mainly about the depth of colour I think.  Anyway I have today made a start on a "dry" run of the flower in 2 sizes.  At the moment the individual petals have been made & they are drying on some bubble wrap.  Tomorrow I shall put them together & possibly colour one in a light shade & one in a darker shade then send the photos to my friend for Karen to look at.

I have never made this flower before but it uses a rose petal cutter so that is at least something I am used to.  On Saturday my friend sent some lavendar ribbon to go around the cake - then this morning she phoned me to say that she had found a slightly wider version & was sending that to me today for me to choose the best one for the cake.  The cake itself is iced now & just awaits all its decorations.  Here are some work in progress photos -

These two photos are of the petals drying - the top one is the smaller petal.  I have had to put the cutter beside them so that I remember which cutter made which petal.

This is the small fruit cake which will not be on display as the upper tier will be the sponge cake & this one is just spare for any extra portions. The sponge of course won't be made until the weekend before the wedding.

This is the rather strange shaped lower tier.  The gap at the back is where the upper tier will sit raised up on wine or sherry glasses.

I think I am making 5 flowers for the lower cake & 3 for the top cake, along with a couple of bud stems for each, it depends how they look on the cake as to the number that I will make.

Now I need to have a serious thought about the wedding card.  The colour choice is easy it is just the design that now needs sorting.  I am off to do some thinking about it & to put together a 70th birthday card that Bob has asked me to make for someone he was in the Navy with.

More tomorrow.

'Bye for now

Comments

  1. I am totally amazed at the vast array of crafts you do! I'm enjoying the process of this cake making :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - it is always nice to receive your thoughts.

PLEASE NOTE;
ALL comments are moderated & will not appear here until I have approved them - this is to avoid spam & junk comments. Apologies for having to build this in to the system

Popular posts from this blog

CSNW Photos & last post

Updated post

Jayne Nestorenko